By Laila | 3rd Nov 2015 | Posted in Quickies
We’ve created a series of bite-sized blog posts just long enough to give you the downlow on all kinds of digital wizardry, because we love sharing our knowledge and know-how. Get tips for improving your social media efforts, discover powerful PR tricks, and learn all kinds of hacks to make your work life easier. Here is our super quick tip of the week.
When you need to find an email address and Google isn’t playing ball, raise your stalking game with the combination of these tips and find the email address you need.
Email is the way people communicate in business. It has long overtaken phone calls so it is necessary to be able to find anyone’s address and corresponding details quickly.
- Scour the website of the company the person works for. Most companies have an email address on there. Even if it isn’t the address you are after, it will give you an indication of the format the email address used – email@example.com, etc.
- Email addresses are usually in the ‘contact us’ section or ‘about’. Use cmd and arrow down to scroll to the bottom of the page to avoid scrolling forever when there are lots of posts on a page.
- Visit an email generator site such as Email Address Guesser. Enter your potential recipient’s name and email domain. The tool will generate a comprehensive list of all possible permutations of the person’s email address.
- Download Rapportive. This is a free Gmail add-on. When you compose an email, it will display a sidebar with the recipient’s public LinkedIn information such as contact data, recent social posts, and title.
- Once downloaded, open a new message in Gmail. Copy and paste the list of potential email addresses into the “send to” line. Expand Rapportive and click on each email address. If Rapportive finds a LinkedIn account associated with that email address, the sidebar will autofill with data and the correct email address will be found!
Sign up now!
Get more great stuff delivered fresh to your inbox.